- WHAT IS A ZOMBIE:
- A deceased human being who has partially returned to life due to undeterminable causes.
- The brain retains base facilities. In its near-mindless state, It grasps no remains of emotion, personality, or sensation of pain.
- The rotting bodies of the undead operate on a fraction of the level at which our bodies normally function.
- ZONED out. Sleep like state.
- Numb to the world around them.
- Their pursuit – eat living humans – once bitten by a zombie you die and become a zombie.
- This correlation of a zombie world is SOOO similar to the world we live in today.
- TODAY – Millions of humans walk among us – who are the walking dead.
j. They look normal on the outside – but INSIDE – full of death.
k. Today – we are going to take a look at where this ALL BEGAN.
- We have all been infected and are spiritually
- Great Grandpa Adam was the first zombie of death.
- God said – “If you eat of the tree you will die.” Spiritual death – separation from God.
- He chose to sin – to disobey God.
- Adam was bitten by SIN and DEATH.
- That sin nature and spiritual death will be passed on to everyone.
- We have all been infected!
- WE ARE BORN WITH IT
- THIS NATURE INFECTS EVERYTHING WE DO
- EX: Toddler – “MINE! My toy!” Who taught him that?
- EX: Dallas Cowboy – why would he shop lift when he makes a truckload of money?? Sin nature – infection from Adam.
- PAUL describes it this way in Ephesians 2
Ephesians 2:1-3 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. We were at one time or maybe some here today – are WALKING DEAD.
- The problem is people don’t know when they are falling asleep.
- EX: ME at kid movies – I would fall asleep.
- KIM: “Wake up!”
- ME: “I wasn’t asleep”
- KIM: “You were snoring!”
Ephesian 5:14— “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead and Christ will shine on you.” 1 Corinthians 15:34 (AMP) Awake [from your drunken stupor and return] to sober sense and your right minds, and sin no more. For some of you have not the knowledge of God [you are utterly and willfully and disgracefully ignorant, and continue to be so, lacking the sense of God’s presence and all true knowledge of Him]. I say this to your shame.
- Some here – LOST/ IN DARKNESS: I have good news!!!
GOD’S PLAN FOR DELIVERANCE: Romans 5:15-19 (NLT) But there is a great difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ. 16 And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. 17 For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ. 18 Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. 19 Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous. HERE IS WHAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO:
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life . . . Ephesians 2:4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. CLOSE:
LIFE IS TOO GOOD NOT TO LIVE!!!!!